Accord Server and PLC Library
Control, Data and Communications Management
Accord Server is a powerful data management utility which arranges PLC Data, and manages communication for PLC data and providing services and data for modules of the Accord Platform; Accord HMI and Controls, Accord Reports, Plan and Recipe Manager applications.
Projects are managed in a secure server application, providing data link from PLC to HMI and Recipe, Plan and Reports.
- Information service for PLC data and HMI objects.
- Service for HMI PC’s and Accord-Reports, Accord-Recipes, Accord-Plan modules.
- User Level and Object-function security levels, with integrated HMI Log-In function
- Logging of selected Devices, with Deadband configuration, to SQL Historian.
- Automatic Logging of Program Events and Operator Actions to Security Audit
- Redundancy Option for multiple instances of Accord Server
- Sync Option to recover all settings from PLC to Server and to the Builder Model
- Short snapshot report containing all settings and current states at any time.
- Diagnostic Tools for status of any item in the PLC
- Configurable Archiving of DataBase records
- Built in Process Emulator allows testing prior to PLC implementation.
Accord PLC Features:
- Data for Model objects is downloaded to the PLC. The objects are then controlled by the PLC operating system.
- PLC Library may be downloaded to PLC using PLC editors or installed on Memory Card.
- No user PLC coding is required for implementation of the Model.
- The PLC, containing Accord PLC and Model data, may contain custom code and communicate with other PLC’s.
Accord Server is installed on a PC hosting OPC Server and Microsoft SQL Server locally. Common functions for Security, Server Redundancy (any number of PC’s may act in a redundant network) and other Settings are configured quickly and easily.
Engineering functionality is provided in data logging and reporting services, along with a number of diagnostics tools. It is not possible to add or remove individual aspects of the control system through Accord Server. If process changes, such as automatic activation in a step, are required then the Model will be changed in Accord Builder and a download (usually a Partial Download, is required.
Using Accord Server, with Emulator or PLC.
Installation and First use
Ideally an OPC Server should be installed, (3rd Party, not included, Kepware recommended), prior to installing Accord Server – which is installed using Accord Project installer. The OPC Server should be setup for PLC with IP address. Accord will search for all installed OPC Servers and allow selection of the desired PLC.
The Accord PLC Library is downloaded to the PLC before the Model data download from Server. The PLC may contain other code also. Accord PLC is available for Siemens type PLC’s (Simatic Manager and TIA) and for Mitsubishi and Schneider PLC’s.
Import and Download
A process Model is imported to Accord Server from Accord Builder and downloaded to Emulator or PLC using OPC Server. PLC Data setup should allow for future changes as Partial Downloads. During the import Server will obtain all the required project data and setup the configuration for the system and download the required data to the PLC.
Full or Partial Download
Server allows for Full Download and Partial Download. If Full Download is selected then Server configures the PLC for the overall requirements, including Spares. If a Partial Download is chosen then Server compares the project being imported to the existing Server project and only downloads the changes. The PLC will continue processing during Partial Download.
After Download Accord PLC examines all the items and processes the Model data in order to implement the process Model exactly. Server can sync data saving settings changes from PLC, and can provide a snapshot document listing all current settings of all items.
click on a name to learn more about setup for security, data and communications