Setup of Combined Conditions in Accord Builder
A combined condition is the method of applying logic gates to the program. The Combined Condition can have up to 8 Inputs for digital Boolean states, which are combined with Boolean operators in a transparent manner.
Inserting a Combined Condition:
A Combined Condition is inserted into the Combined Conditions holder of the Program by right-click on the Combined Conditions Holder or by dragging the Combined Condition icon into the Conditions Holder.
A combined condition may also be copied from another combined condition (Right-Click, Copy and give new name) in the same program. The inputs to the Combined Condition, the gates and description are then updated.
A combined condition is added to the program by dragging the combined condition icon (in red square) from the toolbox to the program combined condition component holder, or by right clicking on the holder and “Add Combined Condition”.
The types of Conditions are
“Value” types for comparison of 2 values:
- Value Equal to Setpoint (for a Delay Time)
- Value Greater than or equal to Setpoint (for a Delay Time)
- Value less than or equal to Setpoint (for a Delay Time)
- Value not equal to Setpoint (for a Delay Time
“Delay” type which times a period within the step or an Event
- Simple Delay, used to indicate interval within Step. This timer is not paused if the step is in hold or Stopped.
- An Event Delay, for a state for defined time. This may be continuous or may pause and resume as the state change.
“Program” type which is used to monitor the condition of another program.
- Test if a Program is in a Step
- Test if a Program is in a status (Running, Hold, Alarm, TimeHold)
- Test if a Program is Active (Program is Active, in any status)
“Scada/HMI command” type. This is an Operator HMI command which is reset immediately by the PLC after usage.
Combined Condition Configuration
Inputs and Gates selection
The following are possible types for Combined Condition inputs
- Digital Input
- Combined Condition
- Step Time
- Analog Process Alarm
- Unit State
- Device Actiivated
- Program Alarm
The type and a particular item is selected and then a gate is selected for each pair of items and for gate results, returning the Combined Condition result.
Gate types are
- ONLY ONE
- A NOT B
In the example the CIP Return Temperature and Conductivity must be both True, and a Check Delay Time must be True and the Hot Detergent Wash must be selected at the HMI.
There are State Texts for the Activated or True and for Deactivated or False states. These state texts are used in documentation and in states in the HMI.